Know someone who might be interested in working for Patterson Grove this summer? Spread the word about these two great opportunities!
Invitation to Bid
For Cleaner/Housekeeper Duties, Patterson Grove Campmeeting
Sealed bids for the following jobs:
- Opening/Closing Boarding Hall Facility and Associated Cleaning; and/or
- General Cleaning and Housekeeping duties for the 2021 season
Bids will be received at the email address listed below until Friday May 7th.
Interested parties may bid on one, or both positions. Send bids to the following email address::
Patterson Grove Campground is seeking bids for dependable, people- and detail-oriented P/T cleaner/housekeepers for the 2021 season. We are seeking people who enjoy working with little direction and take pride in a job well done.
JOB 1: Opening the Boarding Hall Facility:
Heavy thorough spring cleaning of the entire Boarding Hall including the upstairs guest rooms, bathrooms and shower rooms, downstairs dining room, kitchen, restrooms and Snack Bar area.
Cleaning must be completed by Memorial Weekend. Thorough cleaning includes, but is not limited to:
• Thorough cleaning of kitchen area and bathrooms
• Uncovering all beds and furniture
• Cleaning windows, putting air conditioners in windows, and hanging curtains in guest rooms.
• Hanging curtains in bathrooms and shower rooms, placing fans in shower room windows.
• Cleaning rooms including dusting, mopping and vacuuming.
JOB 2: General Cleaning/Housekeeping:
The ideal candidate must be available to clean and maintain multiple facilities on the grounds (Boarding Hall, Tabernacle, Memorial and Heritage Cottages) from its opening in early May through closing in October.
NOTE: For this position, you are required to obtain the PA Publicly Available Clearances for employment verification and present them during your onboarding session. These include Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (PATCH) and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance.
Services Include, But are Not Limited to:*
• Monitoring and maintaining sanitation and organization of assigned areas Cleaning floors and surfaces in rooms, including dusting and damp mopping, vacuuming,
• Cleaning building porches
• Restrooms: sanitizing surfaces and fixtures; restocking supplies; all restrooms should be cleaned and restocked before/after any scheduled activity and checked twice daily during Campmeeting.
• Empty trash containers and replace linings.
• Boarding Hall: Full housekeeping duties during Campmeeting
o Changing bed linens and towels.
o Laundering dirty linens (onsite) and restocking guest rooms areas with clean linens.
o Cleaning bathrooms and shower rooms.
o Emptying wastebaskets.
o Sweeping steps, as required.
o Laundering and restocking kitchen towels.
o Maintaining stock supplies (paper towels, toilet paper, soap, sanitizer, etc.) throughout.
• Assisting other personnel when needed to ensure optimum service for guests.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Saturday Night Concerts and Vesper Services start in July and end Labor Day weekend.
• Campmeeting is July 18 thru August 1, 2021
• Final Fall closeup occurs in mid-October but can be done sooner.
• Notify any Trustee of and issues/problems
*NOTE: Orientation will be provided.
• Hours per week vary during the season depending on usage of facilities.
Qualifications / Skills:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Previous cleaning experience a plus
• Valid driver’s license
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting or cleaning procedures in place
About Patterson Grove
Patterson Grove Campground, founded in 1868, is dedicated to sharing the message and ministry of God’s love and grace through Jesus Christ. The Campground is located 5 miles south of Ricketts Glen State Park, and 3 miles north of PA Route 239, near Huntington Mills.