STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Patterson Grove Campground is a Private Christian Facility that is open to all professing, active, and participating Christian Disciples.
- You, the Cottage Owner, own the cottage and you lease the land it sits on from Patterson Grove Campmeeting Assoc., Inc.
- The sale of your cottage is between you and the prospective new owner.
- The prospective owner cannot use the cottage without having a land use Lease granted by the Board of Trustees of Patterson Grove Campmeeting Association, Inc.
- The prospective owner must be interviwed and approved by the Board of Trustees to be granted a land use Lease.
- A recommendation letter from an organized church’s pastor that testifies to the conditions stated in the “Statement of Purpose” is required prior to scheduling an interview.
- Board of Trustees should be aware that your cottage is “For Sale.” The Board will list the “For Sale” in its periodic publications if desired by the seller.
- Current cottage owner should let the Board secretary know when a sale agreement is reached.
- Prospective buyer will receive from the Board of Trustees: a Lease, Bylaws, and Handbook to be read prior to the interview.
- No funds, except for any good faith retainer, should exchange hands until the prospective cottage owner is granted a Lease.
- At the time of the interview and after a short private meeting of the Board, a decision will be made on granting a Lease. If approved, all parties will sign the Lease.
- After the Lease signing, the Property Transfer forms can be completed if the Current Owner and New Owner have completed the Bill of Sale transaction to each party’s satisfaction.
- At this point there is a new cottage owner.
NOTE: The events can occur in other sequences at the discretion of the Board of Trustees. (This information was approved by the Patterson Grove Campmeeting Association, Inc. – February 22, 2019)