The paper version may still be at the printer but you can check out the 2021 Patterson Grove brochure now!
Know someone who might be interested in working for Patterson Grove this summer? Spread the word about these two great opportunities!
Invitation to Bid
For Cleaner/Housekeeper Duties, Patterson Grove Campmeeting
Sealed bids for the following jobs:
- Opening/Closing Boarding Hall Facility and Associated Cleaning; and/or
- General Cleaning and Housekeeping duties for the 2021 season
Bids will be received at the email address listed below until Friday May 7th.
Interested parties may bid on one, or both positions. Send bids to the following email address::
Patterson Grove Campground is seeking bids for dependable, people- and detail-oriented P/T cleaner/housekeepers for the 2021 season. We are seeking people who enjoy working with little direction and take pride in a job well done.
JOB 1: Opening the Boarding Hall Facility:
Heavy thorough spring cleaning of the entire Boarding Hall including the upstairs guest rooms, bathrooms and shower rooms, downstairs dining room, kitchen, restrooms and Snack Bar area.
Cleaning must be completed by Memorial Weekend. Thorough cleaning includes, but is not limited to:
• Thorough cleaning of kitchen area and bathrooms
• Uncovering all beds and furniture
• Cleaning windows, putting air conditioners in windows, and hanging curtains in guest rooms.
• Hanging curtains in bathrooms and shower rooms, placing fans in shower room windows.
• Cleaning rooms including dusting, mopping and vacuuming.
JOB 2: General Cleaning/Housekeeping:
The ideal candidate must be available to clean and maintain multiple facilities on the grounds (Boarding Hall, Tabernacle, Memorial and Heritage Cottages) from its opening in early May through closing in October.
NOTE: For this position, you are required to obtain the PA Publicly Available Clearances for employment verification and present them during your onboarding session. These include Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (PATCH) and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance.
Services Include, But are Not Limited to:*
• Monitoring and maintaining sanitation and organization of assigned areas Cleaning floors and surfaces in rooms, including dusting and damp mopping, vacuuming,
• Cleaning building porches
• Restrooms: sanitizing surfaces and fixtures; restocking supplies; all restrooms should be cleaned and restocked before/after any scheduled activity and checked twice daily during Campmeeting.
• Empty trash containers and replace linings.
• Boarding Hall: Full housekeeping duties during Campmeeting
o Changing bed linens and towels.
o Laundering dirty linens (onsite) and restocking guest rooms areas with clean linens.
o Cleaning bathrooms and shower rooms.
o Emptying wastebaskets.
o Sweeping steps, as required.
o Laundering and restocking kitchen towels.
o Maintaining stock supplies (paper towels, toilet paper, soap, sanitizer, etc.) throughout.
• Assisting other personnel when needed to ensure optimum service for guests.
• Performs other duties as needed.
• Saturday Night Concerts and Vesper Services start in July and end Labor Day weekend.
• Campmeeting is July 18 thru August 1, 2021
• Final Fall closeup occurs in mid-October but can be done sooner.
• Notify any Trustee of and issues/problems
*NOTE: Orientation will be provided.
• Hours per week vary during the season depending on usage of facilities.
Qualifications / Skills:
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Previous cleaning experience a plus
• Valid driver’s license
• Personal protective equipment provided or required
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitizing, disinfecting or cleaning procedures in place
About Patterson Grove
Patterson Grove Campground, founded in 1868, is dedicated to sharing the message and ministry of God’s love and grace through Jesus Christ. The Campground is located 5 miles south of Ricketts Glen State Park, and 3 miles north of PA Route 239, near Huntington Mills.
Mark your calendar for Patterson Grove’s annual flea market and craft sale on Friday, June 25th and Saturday, June 26th. Breakfast and lunch will be available from 8AM to 2PM at the Snack Bar at the Boarding Hall.
With the warm weather we are all anxious to get back to our much loved Patterson Grove. With the current DEP regulations and policies, there are actions which need to be taken before we can announce an opening date for the campground.
As of April 8, the water start-up process has been initiated. During this start-up process no one should take any action to utilize the water pipes. Do not touch any water caps. Do not open any lines. It is important for a streamlined process as well as the safety of all, to maintain the water pressure and not be exposed to the chemicals in the lines.
DEP guidance is that no one should be occupying the grounds during the start-up process. For this reason we ask you to refrain from spending time on the grove while this is underway. This point is documented in Section V Cottage Occupancy of the Handbook & Policies point 1.c:’No occupancy approvals will be granted during the mandated water testing time period, defined by the period of time when water is in the pipes, but not yet approved by the DEP for use.’ Also please note point 1.d:’Any fines rendered by the DEP due to occupancy during the off season will be the responsibility of the violating cottage holder(s).
Our hope that if all guidance is followed we can have a streamlined start-up and be able to announce an open for occupancy date in approximately 2 weeks. However if any of our tests result in the DEP directing us to take additional actions, this period of time will be extended.
At present (and dependent on proper water approvals), we are planning on a Spring Clean-up day on Saturday May 1st. Please block your calendars! Our clean-up days are scheduled as a means of the association members coming together to get our grounds ready for the season. We look forward to seeing you after our long winter apart.
For the 2021 season, a single stream recycling collection service will be added to allow our community to reduce the amount of waste added to our landfills. There will be no need to sort or separate our recyclables besides putting them in the designated central dumpster which will be emptied monthly. More details will be provided in the spring.
Paper-dry and clean, not in bags
- Newpaper and inserts
- Magazines and catalogs
- junk mail, envelopes, file folders
- office white, colored and computer paper
- corrugated cardboard boxes
- cereal and gift boxes (remove liners)
- paper bags and phone books
Containers-empty and clean, not in bags
- Aluminum cans
- Glass bottles and jars (food and drink only)
- #1-#7 plastics (bottles, jars, tubs)
- Metal food cans (tin and steel)
- Metal pots and pans
- Empty aerosol cans (no spray paint)
- Cartons (juice, milk, soup & broth, soy milk)
- Drinking glasses
- Mirror, ceramics or pyrex
- Window glass
- Light bulbs, plates or vases
- Waxed paper or waxed cardboard
- Napkins, tissues, paper towels
- Paper to-go containers
- Tyvek envelopes
- Plastic 6-pack holders
- Plastic microwave trays
- Styrofoam (including packing peanuts)
- Scrap metal
- Propane tanks
- Needles or syringes
- Hazardous or bio-hazardous waste
- Food waste, garbage
- Electrical cords, garden hoses
- Bubble wrap
Patterson Grove is dependent on the time and commitment of individuals within our campground community. We are thankful for our many volunteers who engage in continual efforts to maintain our grounds and keep us running. There is always room for more.
If you are looking for opportunities to share your talents and time some ideas could be:
- Clean-up of the grounds – no need to wait for spring or fall work days.
- Volunteer for a committee
- Bible School teachers/helpers (Reach out to Jen Smith to see how you can help in 2021)
If you are looking for ways to contribute via a monetary contribution, some discussed future needs are:
- Bags of rubber mulch for playground (coco brown)
- New song books (to replace those with wear)
The main goal for 2021 is to preserve our Tabernacle. The Tabernacle is our most important building in sharing Patterson Grove’s purpose and mission. These plans include putting a new roof on the Tabernacle, replacing poles where needed, rewiring, upgrading the LED lights and painting the Tabernacle.
Other plans for 2021:
The Heritage Cottage will receive a little facelift with new screen doors. The wiring in the upstairs will also be completed.
The white fence along the road in the pump house circle will be replaced.
The footbridge at the upper end of the pond will be repaired.
The garden shed wall base will be repaired.